Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Sweet Treats Ice Cream Card

An easel card for a birthday. The ice-cream is from the Sweet Treats cricut cartridge. For the glitter on the ice cream scoops I used 'jac' paper - specialty paper which is like a big A4 sheet of double sided tape! For the sprinkles I used beads from my Mum's stash (3 red, 2 orange, 3 yellow/gold, 3 green and 3 purple). The photos are not that great but bear with me...and don't worry it looks a lot better than it does in the photos!! For more details about the card see below...

The card...standing up

Here is a closeup of the ice cream...unfortunately something happened to the the yellow layer of ice cream after heat embossing it...I think I 'heated' it a bit too much. In my defence it was my first time heat embossing and I didn't really know what I was doing. When I showed it to my Dad he said it looked like the ice cream was melting...lol.

Closeup of the sentiment. I tried printing the sentiment from the computer on cardstock but, as you can see, it didn't turn out perfectly :-( Nothing is working for me today!! I guess I can try to go back over the letters with a felt tip marker.
The Card
·         Layers:
o   Base – white cardstock cut at 4” by 6”. Easel part (folded part) is white cardstock cut at 4” by 11 ¾” and scored (and folded) at approximately 3” and 6”.
o   Yellow layer – yellow cardstock cut at approximately 3 ¾” by 5 ¾”
o   Blue/turquoise layer – 3 ½” by 5 5/8”. Paper is by Basic Grey – Lemonade: Splash (LEM-1778)
·         Cricut Cut:
o   Ice cream is from Sweet Treats cartridge on page 31 of the handbook.  I think it was cut at 3” but cannot remember.
o   Cone layer/base layer - Cut from brown cardstock, inked with Versa Colour ‘Pinecone’ ink and embossed using the ‘Mesh Texture’ embossing folder (I only embossed the part which is seen to make it easier to adhere the ice cream).
o   White ice cream layer – cut out of jac paper using shift option. The glitter looks white but is actually green (I didn’t heat emboss this so maybe that’s why) and is by Celebrations of Australia – Iridescent Glitter in Green (superfine .008)
o   Yellow ice cream layer – cut from jac paper using the layers option button. Embossing powder s again by Celebrations of Australia in ‘pastel yellow sparkle’
o   Sprinkles – beads from stash of random ‘bits and bobs’, adhered using Glossy Accents.
·         Sentiment Layer:
o   Yellow base layer – cut at 3 5/8” by 1 ¾”
o   Blue/turquoise layer – same paper as mentioned above, cut at 3 ½” by 1 5/8”
o   White layer – cut at 3 5/16” by 1 3/8”. Sentiment says “Treat yourself to a wonderful birthday!” printing using size 17 Kristen ITC font. Rhinestones are by Kaisercraft (orange, purple, red and green – all from separate packs in colours listed).
Thanks for stopping by; hopefully I will be back soon with more projects to post. Until then,
Katie xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment :)