Hello everyone. Just sharing a box which I finished making tonight. The box was made using the Martha Stewart score board which I absolutely LOVE!!! When folded and adhered together the box measures to be 5" x 5" x 3 1/2". All the cricut cuts on this box - the poodle, crown, cushion and pink sentiment layer on the front - are from the create a critter cartridge, which is my fabourite cart at the moment. I am entering this project in a few challenges, the first over at The Paper Variety which is to use black, pink and white only. Another challenge is for a blog hop over at My Pink Stamper's website/blog (her first blog hop!) but I won't tell you what the challenge is because you have to gather all the code words from everyone's blogs first!! I think that was a great and creative way to explain the rules of the challenge to the blog hoppers :) The last challenge I'm entering this in is the Tuesday Challenge at MadebyMomos, the challenge is 'Princess themed'. Anyways, here it is. I was thinking about giving this box as a gift to a little girl and filling it with pink tissue paper and little things so she can feel (and look) like a "Pampered Princess" e.g. nail polish and file, various lotions or creams etc. etc. Onto the pictures (sorry they're not very good quality they were taken at around midnight!)!!!
The box (front/side/top view)
Top of the box. I added three pink rhinestones (bling) in each corner to glitz it up a little and look a little more interesting.
· Patterned paper – unfortunately I do not know the names/brands of any of the papers I used as they were all scraps (sorry!!)
· Pink, black and clear rhinestones by Kaisercraft and the tiny pink and clear rhinestones are by “Absolutely Something for Everyone”
· For the light pink layer I did not use the layer 1 feature button but rather just cut out the normal layer without any feature buttons
· For the mouth I used pink scraps punched a section of it using the ‘Apron Lace’ border punch and cutting one of the little curvy bits and filing the sides to make them rounded :)
· The eyes on the poodle are two black Kaisercraft rhinestones with lines drawn underneath using a black Tombo ABT pen (N15).
· The collar was made by cutting two slits along the edge of the poodles neck, threading the ribbon through and adhering on the back (cheater method as MadebyMomo would say) and embellishing it with four tiny clear rhinestones
· I did not cut out the ribbons for the poodle’s ears and instead cut the layer with scissors so it did not have the ribbon parts sticking out and added three tiny clear rhinestones to each ear
· The trimming on the cushion has ‘Crystalina’ Kindyglitz on it which gives it the sparkly pink look (the paper was originally white).
· I inked the dark pink layers with Versa Colour ‘Orchid’ ink to give them a bit more depth
· Added glossy accent to the nose to give a shiny, wet dog nose look (lol)
· Also added pink and clear rhinestones to the crownThanks for checking out my box, any questions feel free to ask/email me :) Comment and follow if you wish :D